Monday, May 4, 2009

5/4 fishing report

I had today off work so I got up really early and went fishing with Andy. The weather was warm and had been warm over the weekend, so I expected some good fishing. We went to Pelican lake and tried where I had some success over a week ago, but boy the fish were scarce. We didn't get skunked; we caught a handful of pathetic-sized panfish, but the numbers were much lower than I expected. There was a lot of curly leaf pondweed sprouting that kept the fish hidden. After fishing a few shorelines and about three hours, we decided to pack up and head to Dutch lake, hoping to cash in on some better action. Well sadly, things weren't a whole lot better there. We caught more fish, with a few pocket bass mixed in, but once again, the fish were marginal at best. I did have a good time fishing with Andy though. Here's a few pictures of our outing...

Small LM bass...


The wookie bags a crappie...


Crappie on a Culprit paddletail...

No comments: