Saturday, July 4, 2009

Nygren summer vacation 2009

This post is waaaaayy long overdue. We went on vacation almost a month ago!!! Just playing catch-up.

Anyway, Me, Valerie, Genna, Lucas, My mom, and Ryan my 11 year old nephew, spent the week up in the Cross lake area of Minnesota on Pine lake the third week of June. Thanks to my good friend Dan Beck, he allowed us to stay at his cabin for free. We used his pontoon for fishing on Pine, and we also explored a few area lakes too. Pine lake is shallow, clear, and weedy. There are panfish, pike, and LM bass, even walleye on Pine, but size structure isn't the greatest. The weather was fantastic with temps in the low eighties. There wasn't a single day that was overpowered by the wind. Just lot's of fishing, relaxing, and more fishing! I was up at 4:30-5am every morning so I could get out for the prime time bite. My target fish was LM bass, and I did get into a few nice ones.

Here's some pictures of our week up north...

Beautiful bluegill...


Pine lake gave up lot's of pike, but all we caught were these little hammer handles...


Ryan and crappie...


Here's an 18" bass I caught in the lily pads...


And this was in it's throat. That would be a crappie tail!


Small perch, big appetite!


My daughter Genna, who doesn't like to fish...


My 81 year old mom...


She is still catching fish!


My wife Valerie. She fishes, but not very much!


Ryan catches a bowfin...


I caught one too...


Lucas "peeing a bluegill"...


Double slimers...


And again...


Here's some of the nice bass we caught...


Lucas nabs a big bass...


Bucketmouth @ 18.25"


And another @ 18.25"


And another bass, this bass was smaller though...


Lucas and a bass..


That is a pike on a crankbait hooked on Ryan's crotch area! Don't try this at home!


Lucas and a sunny off the dock...


Ryan and the only decent pike of the whole trip. One decent pike...weird!


Rocky the bass...


I caught this smallie too, only one of the trip...

No comments: