Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mike Thompson bags a pig!

Me and Mike Thompson got out for some bass fishing last night in our float tubes. I was using a plastic frog the most and Mike was using a jig/craw combo. The fishing was really slow at first and we were wondering if we were ever going to get into some fish. We caught only three bass in a couple hours. Well, as it neared that golden half hour before sundown we moved to a different section of the lake and started to pop a few bass. Nothing huge though. I caught one @ 17", with lots of smaller ones mixed in. I was using the trusty frog and Mike switched up to a Senko. Bass were getting very active and I had a huge blow up on my frog. The bass was a monster, but simply didn't get the thing in it's mouth. It was getting darker and darker and we worked our way in to the landing area. I was out of the water and Mike was just about forty feet away taking a few last casts when suddenly Mike gets onto a big bass. He got it in and by his measuring stick he said it was 19.25". It was really chubby, so I weighed it on my scale I happened to bring with and it weighed up at 5lbs 1 ounce. Good job there Mikey. Enjoy the pictures...


No comments: