Saturday, April 17, 2010

The cold front didn't affect these fish!

I had a half day of work friday and got off around 1:30 in the afternoon. A cold front came through the area yesterday and conditions were very breezy and temps about 10 degrees colder than the day before. I couldn't decide if I should go fishing in my float tube or forget about fishing and do something else....I thought the fishing would suck with the post-frontal conditions. Well, I decided to go fishing and I made the right choice. I was surprised that the panfish were very active and eager to bite anything that was put in front of them. I caught probably 75-80 fish in about two hours. Mostly gills but a few crappies mixed in.

I started off with a 1" Berkley micro tube. I also used Culprit paddletails...



Working the presentation about 18" under a float...







Lots of bluegills between 8 and 9 inches long....







Crappies were ok. Largest was probably 10.5". Not very thick though...

These next four pictures I took of the same fish. Pretty cool me thinks!






No comments: