Sunday, December 27, 2009

12-28 ice fishing

Ice fishing if finally here! Actually I already went on a two day ice fishing trip to Big Sandy and another lake 3 weeks ago. That's the good news. The bad news is that I thought I had fresh batteries for my camera but discovered at the worst possible time that my charger didn't work, so my batteries were dead and I had to get another charger. Well, now I got my fresh batteries and am ready to go!

Big Sandy and the other lake produced a few nice fish, Big Sandy I caught some slab crappies, although it was a finesse situation and had to really work for them. On lake x the fish were even more tight lipped, but managed some crappies and a few gills. Others in our party fared better than me with a 10" gill and 13.5" crappie.

Let's fast forward to yesterday. I went to a metro area lake teamed up with Mike Thompson, hoping to ice some nice panfish. The weather was in the 20's, the lake had snow with a layer of slush under it, winds were light...a very delightful day to be on the ice. We drilled quite a few holes and we could not find any fish. I started drilling closer to the shore before I started connecting with the crappies, bluegills not far behind. They were fairly aggressive and liked my offering of Gulp! Minnow Fry. In fact, I didn't catch anything else on any other offerings, the Minnow Fry killed 'em! I ended up taking home a limit of crappies and about 10 gills although I certainly caught more than that. There are some bruiser gills in that lake....I caught a couple around 9".


sweet crappie in the hole...



a decent fish...

and another...

caught this little bass too...



Biggest crappie of the day around 11"

1 comment:

Marylee said...

John MacArthur & Pretrib Rapture

Who knows, maybe John (Reformedispy) MacArthur is right and the greatest Greek scholars (Google "Famous Rapture Watchers"), who uniformly said that Rev. 3:10 means PRESERVATION THROUGH, were wrong. But John has a conflict. On the one hand, since he knows that all Christian theology and organized churches before 1830 believed the church would be on earth during the tribulation, he would like to be seen as one who stands with the great Reformers. On the other hand, if John has a warehouse of unsold pretrib rapture material, and if he wants to have "security" for his retirement years and hopes that the big California quake won't louse up his plans, he has a decided conflict of interest. Maybe the Lord will have to help strip off the layers of his seared conscience which have grown for years in order to please his parents and his supporters - who knows? One thing is for sure: pretrib is truly a house of cards and is so fragile that if a person removes just one card from the TOP of the pile, the whole thing can collapse. Which is why pretrib teachers don't dare to even suggest they could be wrong on even one little subpoint! Don't you feel sorry for the straitjacket they are in? While you're mulling all this over, Google "Pretrib Rapture Dishonesty" for a rare behind-the-scenes look at the same 180-year-old fantasy.