Sunday, October 25, 2009

10/25 Minnetonka report

I spent sunday evening fishing on Lake Minnetonka for walleyes, and found the bite starting to pick up pretty good. I caught about 6 walleyes, all were dinks except one at 17" but I'll bet the size will only improve from here on out. I had the best luck anchored up 16+FOW using a blue/glow lipstick-redtail minnow combo. The bigger walleye I got on a slip float. I had alot more bites but didn't connect. Seems you have to really let them take it a long time before setting the hook. Also caught one slab crappie and a rock bass. I don't have any pictures because I forgot my camera so that sucks, oh well. Next time I head out there I'll get some bigger minnows for the slip bobber.

Things will only get better for the next few weeks!

1 comment:

Basspastor said...

Casey congratulations, you got 3rd in the Bass Pundit Minnesocold Bass Bloggers Derby 2009. The important thing is that you beat Thompson, which I didn't manage to do.